Farmwall's Ecosystem STEM Program is empowering passionate teachers through community collaboration.
A innovative training aid, this is an opportunity for educators to improve food literacy, student wellbeing and assist with social and emotional learning through STEM education.
For teachers in all verticals this is a great opportunity to become pioneers in the field of sustainability and food technology.
The program consists of three delivery modes.
Ecosystem Classroom kit: Using the Ecosystem Aquaponic and hydroponic kit, students will be able to experience a small food producing ecosystem in their classroom. Introducing them to everything from innovation to nutrition, biology, technology and closed loop systems.
Online Education Platform: Available on any device allowing educators across the country to share resources, while completing a 10 module program at their own pace, with complete support from Farmwall throughout.
Classroom Incursions: Our urban farmers provide in classroom incursions that teach students about social entrepreneurship, Urban Farming and Sustainability.
An opportunity to collaborate and improve sustainability education
Over the course of four terms we are creating a resource rich platform and a well supported teacher community. With open source resource sharing a strong connection amongst teachers and our staff, all unlimited by, location, vertical or platform, we are hoping to:
- Reduce workload for teachers.
- Increase student engagement.
- Create a collective understanding of future food systems.
- Increase student wellbeing and learning.
Preparing Students for the circular economy
UN Sustainable development goal alignment: The Ecosystem platform and Farmwall's approach to producing food is aligned with all 17 of the UN SDG's.
Action towards climate change: Growing food in the city the natural way is a positive and measurable action towards climate change. Empower your students to make a difference!
Ecosystem Biodiversity and Regeneration: We grow food using aquaponics and natural techniques that enhance biodiversity and regeneration.
Meet Victorian Education Standards or add breadth with project based learning
The Ecosystem can be used to deliver content on the following topics:
- Food technology, food security and local food systems.
- Wellbeing, health nutrition and mental health.
- Biology, environment biodiversity and sustainability.
- Agritech, agriculture, horticulture, aquaculture and permaculture.
- Entrepreneurship, social outcomes, impact measurement, community engagement, climate change and altruism.
- Design thinking, LOT, programming and coding, AI, gamification and sensors.
- Smart cities, vertical farming, town planning, green cities and urban farming.
Come join Farmwall in educating young minds around innovative thinking to solve future problems, we are excited to grow a community of Australians passionate around Urban Farming Education.
To discuss Farmwall's school program further book an appointment here.