Farmwall Indoor Farm Kit
The perfect school or family project to learn about sustainability, biodiversity, health and food systems. Grow your own microgreens in under 7 days!
Farmwall indoor farm is an opportunity to learn how to grow food indoors, in a fun, supported, inspiring, and zero-waste way. We have created this unique and easy-to-use kit, made from natural, recycled and durable materials, so you can bring the adventure of growing and self-sufficiency into your own kitchen or classroom.
On top of all the materials you need to get set up, the kit also includes all the growing materials you need (seeds, growing media, nutrients) to grow $300 worth of the freshest, healthiest and most nutritionally dense produce over 3 months.
To help ensure you’re supported along the way, the kit also includes a life-long membership of our online, virtual ‘community garden’. Here you can find a useful do-in-your-own-time course and you'll have access to our weekly live Q&A's and monthly sustainability live-streams. Best of all you’ll be able to meet and connect with other people on the same exciting journey.
What is included in my kit?
- Hardware: fish tank and timber base, gravel, decorative rock, under-gravel filter, water heater, USB pump, Farmwall branded plywood certified light-frame, 2 grow lights, tank cover with 12 terracotta growing pots, 3 growing trays with drip trays, air pump, airline, air stone, hydroponic growing nets, tank vacuum, fish net, thermometer, sprouting jar, sprouting lid, spray bottle, half trays, mini trays, hydroponic box, microgreen snipper.
- Growware: 6 fish (delivered separately after your tank is set up and ready), 4 x 200 g sprouting seeds, 9 x 30ml microgreen seed varieties, 6 hemp sheets, 12 hemp cubes, 3 herb seed packs, 3 vegetable seed packs, PH water test kit with up and down, water plant, Ammonia water test kit, Farmwall Activated nutrients derived from food waste, soil blocks, seedling cups, kids activity, fish food.
- Software: Membership to Ecosystem By Farmwall which includes: twice-weekly live and ongoing support, monthly recorded live-streams, online manuals, social and environmental impact dashboard, ability to share your wins and losses, recipes, ability to share events and community initiatives, opportunities to learn from peers and Farmwall's friendly expert Urban Farmers.
What skills will I learn?
- Microgreen growing
- Fish Keeping
- Aquaponics and water quality
- Hydroponics and PH balancing
- Raising Seedlings
- Propagating indoor plants and how to make them thrive
- How to build and use wicking beds
- How to process all your food waste, composting, worm farming
- Circular economy, closed-loop and sustainable mindset
How much can I grow?
- Sprouts, up to 20 serves per week
- Microgreens, up to 40 serves per week
- Seedlings, seasonal for your outdoor garden
- Vegetables, 11 crops every 6 weeks
- Ongoing picking herbs
When will it arrive?
General delivery expectation in Australia is within 14 days of purchase.
How much space do I need?
The full kit is 95 * 35 cm and when filled with water, it weighs 65kg. The table or desk on which you plan to place it should be strong enough to be able to carry that weight. It can be placed anywhere indoors, but not directly in front of a window.
How much maintenance does it take?
Once you are set up and have completed the course, the average input time is 20 minutes per week for seeding, maintenance and harvesting. During the course, weekly time can be between 1-10hours per week depending on the pace you choose.
Can I go on a holiday?
Yes! you can stop growing before leaving on your holiday and the fish can easily go up to 10 days without food as they are cold blooded and do not need food to keep their body temperatures up like we do. If you are away for a longer period of time we recommend installing an automatic feeder.
What if I’m interested but have more questions?
Reach out to us anytime at email@example.com for a friendly and informative chat.