The perfect project for a sustainable holiday season at home!
An unique experience and opportunity to learn life-long skills and become a more sustainable household, by growing your own food and nutrition, successfully!
At Farmwall we teach you how to grow food according to natural principles and we take a circular, closed-loop approach in everything we do.
Ecosystem By Farmwall is a unique opportunity, to learn how to grow food indoors, in a fun, supported, inspiring, and zero-waste way. We have created a unique and easy-to-use kit, made from natural, recycled and durable materials. You'll learn how to look after your new pets in an easy and low maintenance way. Your fish will be your partners to grow the best and most delicious produce.
On top of all the materials you need to set up your own indoor natural ecosystem, the kit includes all the growing materials (seeds, media, nutrients) to grow $300 worth of the freshest, healthiest and rich nutritional produce over 3 months.
And.., on top, you will become a life-long member of our online, virtual community garden. Here you can find a 9 week, do-in-your-own-time course, you'll be able to meet and connect with other people on the same journey, and you'll have access to our weekly live Q&A's, and monthly sustainability live-streams. You'll receive regular opportunities to get engaged in your urban farming community and options to increase your level of learning and expertise and become more self-sufficient.
The program is built around the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, and is rich in activities for kids (3-12) , and includes design challenges for teens. With Farmwall's Ecosystem, you will integrate sustainability into your, and your family's life in an easy and effective way.
You'll become a part of our journey to turn our Cities into Food Producing natural Ecosystems.
What is included in my kit?
- Hardware: fish tank and timber base, gravel, decorative rock, under-gravel filter, water heater, USB pump, Farmwall branded plywood certified light-frame, 2 grow lights, tank cover with 12 terracotta growing pots, 3 growing trays with drip trays, air pump, airline, air stone, hydroponic growing nets, tank vacuum, fish net, sprouting jar, sprouting lid, spray bottle, half trays, mini trays, hydroponic box, microgreen snipper.
- Growware: 6 fish, 4 x 200 g sprouting seeds, 9 x 30ml microgreen seed varieties, 6 hemp sheets, 12 hemp cubes, 3 herb seed packs, 3 vegetable seed packs, PH water test kit with up and down, water plant, Ammonia water test kit. Farmwall Activated nutrient derived from food waste. Soil blocks, seedling cups, kids activity, fish food.
- Software: 9-week online course, a membership to Ecosystem By Farmwall, twice-weekly live and ongoing support, monthly recorded live-streams, online manuals, social and environmental impact dashboard. Ability to share your wins and losses, recipes, ability to share events and community initiatives. Learn from pears and Farmwall's experts.
Which skills will I learn?
- Fish Keeping
- Aquaponics and water quality
- Hydroponics and PH balancing, Vertical Farming, Indoor farming
- Raising Seedlings
- Propagating indoor plants and how to make them thrive
- How to build and using wicking beds
- How to process all your food waste, composting, worm farming
- Natural pest management.
- Circular loop and sustainable mindset
How much can I grow?
- Sprouts, up to 20 serves per week
- Microgreens, up to 40 serves per week
- Seedlings, seasonal for your outdoor garden
- Vegetables, 11 crops every 6 weeks
- Ongoing picking herbs
When will it arrive?
All Ecosystems ordered before the 10th of December will arrived before Christmas. General delivery expectation in Australia is within 14 days of purchase.
How much space do I need?
The full kit is 95 * 35 cm and when filled with water, it weighs 65 kg's. The table or desk on which you plan to place it should be strong enough to be able to carry that weight. It can be place anywhere indoors, but not directly in front of a window. Too much direct sunlight will cause algae growth and increase the required maintenance of your tank.
How much maintenance does it take?
Once you are set, up and have completed the course, you will need 20 min per week for seeding, maintenance and harvesting.
Can I easily go on a holiday?
Yes, you can stop growing before leaving on your holiday and the fish can easily go up to 10 days without food as they are cold blooded and do not need food to keep their body temperatures up like we do. If you are away for a longer period of time we recommend installing an automatic feeder.